Re: heads up on em grid upgrade

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:30:25 -0600 (CST)

> I spent a lot of time, too much time, on diagnosing comms problems with
> Oracle support some their problem, some mine.

Run, Niall, run!

I've had it w/GC. I was planning an upgrade to .5 from .3 in order to expand my SQL Server plugin, but I've scrapped it. The product is just too unstable and unreliable for a solo DBA like me.

In addition to my other woes these past two weeks, GC also decided to report my PID as being 7 of the top 10 sessions in the Top Activity display. And clicking on the PID showed that the session juuuust disconnected and it had run some unknown SQL. Funny that the same PID disconnected at several different times and I missed it each time. I had to bounce the OMS to clear this mess.

Did I mention that the SQL it runs against V$SQL for the Top Activity display also causes a bug that can cause severe library latch contention that will appear to temporarily hang the monitored instance?

RUN, NIALL, RUUUUUUUUUUUN! I'm looking forward to any and all competitive vendors at Collaborate 10. Or maybe I should just rewrite it in APEX and be done with it.

Weekend started 12 hours ago for me. Time to forget GC for a little while...

Rich