Re: STATSPACK in 10g

From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 20:58:49 -0800 (PST)

Since I have always upgraded to 10.2 so fast I made other DBA's head's spin and I have had the combined hourly statspack/AWR scenario running in multiple 10g environments, my money is on 10.1 for the bug... :)

Kellyn

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org> Subject: Re: STATSPACK in 10g
To: kjped1313_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 4:12 PM

In early releases of 10.1 or 10.2 (cant quite recall) there were bugs related to running both AWR and STATSPACK that could cause contention for certain latches in the sql area.  This was exacerbated by the fact that both snapshots ran at exactly the same time; at the top of the hour.  Thus it was advised not to run both of them.  I believe that these bugs have been all resolved in 11g.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn