Dataguard

From: Ozgur Ozdemircili <ozgur.ozdemircili_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 18:26:26 +0100

Hi,

The time has come to move our SAN to another building. Yet we have a problem. We have a dataguard attached to that san and also because they will be moving it part by part they want to clean and remake the san disks which will mean we will loose all the data. Since it will last a day or so I am not concerned with loosing the data that is already there. What I am concerned about is:

  • Shutting down the Dataguard will effect the DB RAC that I have in production?
  • Can I just make a export for the disks, reinitialize them, add them to ASM when they get back online and import?

Thanks.