Re: RAC for dev env

From: Thomas Roach <troach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 23:24:19 -0500

All, I have talked to some people who do say (sorry about hijacking the thread) that it's cheaper to become an Oracle Partner because then you get development licenses versus having to pay for them. I don't know the details, but I did Google Oracle and Partner benefits and I found this PDF which does say that one of the benefits is development licenses.

http://www.oracle.com/ocom/groups/public/_at_opnpublic/documents/webcontent/036193.pdf(Doesn't specifically say what you get but it might be worth looking into). I think you need to resell software that runs on Oracle though (so very restrictive perhaps). Food for thought.

Silver level is only $500.

http://www.oracle.com/partners/en/opn-program/opn-details-by-levels/index.html

--
Thomas Roach