RE: Monitoring process usage

From: Kellyn Pedersen <>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:19:48 -0800 (PST)

I'm also on this train-  what about a new code release/application that is not closing cursors in a way that Oracle needs them closed,  (I always try to word this in a way that won't offend too many developers of .net and such...:))

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

From: Michael McMullen <> Subject: RE: Monitoring process usage
To: "'oracle-l L'" <> Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 11:35 AM

Are we assuming that the app is properly tuned? I'm always hesitant to up the process value. Sometimes an index on a slow query is all that is needed. I find that # of processes blowing up is usually a sign of a bigger problem.