Re: Any possible way to view global temp table data for another active session?

From: Adam Musch <ahmusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 00:17:55 -0600

The only way I can think of is with a block dumps of the temporary segments in use by the other session, assuming *that's* even possible. It might get the data, but unscrambling the egg -- or, perhaps, unbaking the cake, as I don't know how GTT data would be intermingled with other session specific data -- would be left as an exercise for the reader.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313_at_yahoo.com>wrote:

> Unless someone else is aware of magic that I'm not, I agree with Sir
> Baldwin below. I had a few GTT that we used in our old mart code and I
> hated data issues that I couldn't track in the darn things as they happened!
>
> Kellyn Pedersen
> Multi-Platform DBA
> I-Behavior Inc.
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
> www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com
>
> "Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell
> script..."

Adam Musch
ahmusch_at_gmail.com