Re: Instead-of trigger spurious message

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 18:41:09 -0800 (PST)

That's true. What I really want to find out is why SQL*Plus thinks I have 1 row created but in fact there's none. I'm sure the feedback is reporting the user-level SQL's result and it doesn't care if they're immediately rejected by the recursive SQL. If I insert into v select rownum from dual connect by level <= 11; it reports "11 rows created." and in fact only 10 are.

Stephane Faroult provided a solution, by using raise_application_error.

Yong Huang