Re: Catalog RMAN backups on Tape?

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:20:51 +0000

I was testing this on Linux - but I thing that that command should work on 10g too as there is no syntax error for that syntax

RMAN> catalog device type 'sbt_tape' backuppiece 'aaa';

RMAN-03002: failure of catalog command at 01/29/2010 22:54:28 ORA-19554: error allocating device, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name: ORA-27211: Failed to load Media Management Library

I have to install SBT driver on Windows and Linux and tests it.

Sorry I have no idea where in oracle doc you can find it as I didn't use any doc
to figure out this syntax - it was just pure research ;)

Marcin Przepiorowski