Re: Moving tables to a different tablespace using exp from 9i and imp into 11gR2

From: Surachart Opun <surachart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:17:31 +0700

If you need to use exp/imp...
Import to new database, Can you create that table before and then import + ignore=Y ???

old database:
- export table
- get metadata of table
Example:
set long 1000
select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE','TABLE_EXAMPLE') from dual;

new database:
- modify metadata script to create table on new tablespace create table aaa tablespace users ....

create table aaa tablespae NEW_USERS ...

  • import + ignore=Y

However you can use Data Pump to help .... impdp + remap_tablespace http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10701/dp_import.htm

SuracharIt Opun
http://surachartopun.com