Re: Application of archived logs on physical standby very slow

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:04:01 +0000

Hi Luca et al,

thanks for all your input.

In my case it doesn't seem to be Oracle causing the problem, it's the MSA 1000. I don't know much about its configuration but it seems (to say it in layman's terms) that the storage admins added more disks and grouped them into a disk group. They then carved out 2 logical volumes and presented one of these to the DR box and the other one to production. Now production is terribly busy (the system grows 2-3 GB/day!), and after a reorganisation essentially all IO ends up on that newly added LUN. So this affects all the disks in the disk group on the MSA which in term means slow IO response times for DR.

Golden rule of not sharing SAN/disks etc violated once more.

Regards,

Martin