Re: convert ts timing

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:36:30 -0800

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM, K R <kp0773_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> We are planning to use rman convert to switch platform for a 2 TB 10.2.0.4
> database from AIX to OE Linux . This is a datawarehouse database . the
> datafiles are 8GB- 12GB size . I am looking for some idea over how long it
> might take to convert a 800GB tablespace . and also if there is any
> parameters that can be used .btw we are planning to use parallelism set at
> 16. appreciate any pointers or suggestion

Not knowing anything about your storage system, network, etc, no one can really tell you how long this can take.

My suggestion is that you develop the process to do this using the new server and
copy of the production database on a server that is similar to where it is now.

Then you will have the process and the timing.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com