Re: ALTER TABLE modify partition rebuild unusable local indexes does not run in parallel

From: Adam Musch <ahmusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:51:13 -0600

I think you have to roll your own parallelism, through dbms_job/dbms_scheduler. You can rebuild an unusable local index partition individually, so you should be able to iterate through the list of unusable index partitions for your table and partition, and issue dbms_job/dbms_scheduler "run once / run now" jobs to parallelize it.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM, <genegurevich_at_discover.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am running this under oracle 10.2.0.3:
>
> alter table OWNER.TABLE  modify partition P1 rebuild unusable local indexes
> ;
>
> The partition has 150-200M rows and three indices. All indices as well as
> the table itself are partitioned either 8 or 12 ways, but the alter table
> command seems to be only running in sequential mode (and takes over 10
> hours).  Is there anyway run it in parallel?
>
> Thank you
>
> Eugene Gurevich

Adam Musch
ahmusch_at_gmail.com