Re: CentOS & Oracle

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:22:14 -0800 (PST)

O.K. Let me tell my experience on CENTOS and ORACLE.

we have been used CENTOS as our production environment for whole company 5 years.

We starting using CENTOS from 3.X, 4.X and 5.X (x86 and X86_64). we have more than 100 servers using CENTOS. for databases we have both ORACLE and informix on CENTOS.

All of ORACLE we have include databases, application servers, data warehouse, ERP and CRM are all on CENTOS. it work correctly without problem.

Actually CENTOS is exactly same like REDHAT. Redhat release source codes and CENTOS just recompile and packages it.