Re: DNS and SQL*Net Issue

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:20:04 -0800

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM, mkb <> wrote:

> *
> *Thanks for the information. What's curious is that the remote site is
> not using an LDAP server at all in there enclave. But reading the above
> link, it could be that the SRV record for the newly built server is not in
> the DNS. Perhaps this could be causing the extra delay? We're only
> listening on 1521 TCPS so we'd only ever see _ldaps._tcp._oid, right?

I really don't know the answer to that last question.

What I saw in our lab environment didn't match what I saw in production.

The lab worked fine without the LDAPS record, but was required in the production environment.

I could not account for the difference.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: Home Page: