RE: Catalog RMAN backups on Tape?

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:50:03 -0700

Not that I’m aware of, but I’m no Netbackup expert. The only way I know to do it is with dbms_backup_restore, but I’ve never even had to do that yet, and never pursued any other options so it could very well be possible and I just don’t know how. I would imagine that it has to be possible – after all, it’s just a file on a tape – how hard can it be to read a file off of a tape and write it to disk? But maybe I’m missing something – I’m no tape drive expert either ☺

From: Robert Freeman [mailto:robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com]

Is there a netbackup command to extract these to disk without RMAN?