Re: Catalog RMAN backups on Tape?

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:34:18 +0000

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Morgan Wigge <> wrote:
> Hi,
> It's included information about how to use sys.dbms_backup_restore package
> to extract information from backupsets

All required information about that package are in dbmsbkrs.sql I have used that solution in 8i when there was no catalog option but the basics are the same and you can use it in 10 or 11 as well.

I don't have this script now (I have to research my home archive file) but there is a high level plan:

  1. allocate channel using with proper type

2. start restore conversation

3. restore backup piece

dbms_backup_restore.restoreBackupPiece(done=>v_done, handle=>'backup_piece_file_name', params=>null);

I'm not sure now if there are all required commands but I will try to find and publish a whole solution.

Marcin Przepiorowski