RE: Installing Oracle on Windows

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:50:59 -0500

We always have a service account created to do this. Later they can change the password.

Donald Freeman
Database Administrator II
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Department of Health
Bureau of Information Technology
2150 Herr Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Hostetter, Jay M Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 9:40 AM
To: oracle-l List
Subject: Installing Oracle on Windows

It has been several months since I have installed Oracle database software on a Windows box. Typically, I have installed it as the local administrator. I have been asked to install Oracle 10g on a Windows box using my own login (which will have administrator rights). In a few weeks, my login will be disabled. I'm trying to determine if this will cause any issues with the database on this box. I've been searching through the documentation and the only guidance I can find is that the install should be done with an account that has admin rights. I want to make sure that this won't leave any processes running under by OS account. I would appreciate any suggestions on this subject. Can I install Oracle under my login or should I have an "oracle" OS user setup on this box?

Thank you,

Jay Hostetter

DBA D&E Communications

Ephrata, PA