Re: Raw Logical Partition on AIX for OCR

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 06:27:06 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Amit. The link says that we can create the Logical Volume but as per Oracle Metalink doc 293819.1
AIX –
Prior to installing Oracle CRS, the raw devices that will house the OCR and voting disk files, must be defined and initialized using the following procedure.  Note this procedure uses raw partitions for these files and not shared-concurrent logical volumes.  The latter requires HACMP.
IS that mean that we cannot use the Raw Logical Volume with OCR/Voting without HACMP

Sanjay