Re: Serious Issue in oracle

From: AMIT VERMA <verma.labs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 00:51:16 +0530

Hello Howard,

Yes you are right, please advice I will share the information with you. However I didn't found this issue on web :)

*ISSUE:* One table contains millions of records with the insertion of 5,000 to 10,000 per second. The table was become non - responsive or hung, we had run the select statement only. There is no error in the alert log & no information avilable on the web. Thus we have restarted the db: The last method & we have found the table become responsive.

There were no change eariler we are able to get the data, when the incident it becomes non responsive after rebooting everything fines. The issue hidden sliently :)

Thanks,
Amit V