DNS and SQL*Net Issue

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:16:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

I've got a remote system running RHAS 4 64-bit and Oracle 10.2.0.4 64-bit.

When we put a valid value for a nameserver in resolv.conf, it seems that SQL*Net or something from the Oracle side tries resolving _ldaps._tcp_.oid.my_machine.com which has a negative impact on returning result sets to client i.e. they never get them.

Now, when we remove the nameserver value from resolv.conf, Oracle stops resolving _ldaps._tcp_.oid.my_machine.com and queries results are returned to clients in no time.

We're not running LDAP and I've set NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT) in the server sqlnet.ora. Anyone know what's going on or how to turn this behavior off when a valid entry exists in resolv.conf?

BTW, the remote system is a couple thousand miles away and I don't really have access to it except through a very grumpy SA.

Thanks

--

mohammed

--