Re: DataGuard Failover and Thin Clients

From: Alex Gorbachev <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:35:17 -0500

You cold just use the whole connection descriptor on thin JDBC driver if that's what you need.
like this - ""jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_" +

               "(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=lh1-vip)(PORT=1521))\n" +
               "(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=lh2-vip)(PORT=1521))\n" +

This is a RAC example but you would do something similar for Data Guard (potentially with different LOAD_BALANCE setting.