Re: Anyone tried kill ASM in 11gR2 RAC?

From: K Gopalakrishnan <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:38:59 -0600

Clusterware failure will happen _only_ when it can not acess the physical devices (disk timeout in css) and shutting down ASM does not revoke the access to disks. In your case clusterware _knows_ the location of ocr/voting information in ASM disks and it can continue reading/writing even ASM instance is down.