Re: Session PGA increase

From: Dion Cho <ukja.dion_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:39:13 +0900

I don't think that this is an expected behavior especially when the collections are cleared after each iteration as OP insisted.

There could be some memory leaks around the external tables and/or the collections.

Tanel Poder has written an excellent article on how to troubleshoot the PGA problem. It would help.

http://blog.tanelpoder.com/2009/01/02/oracle-memory-troubleshooting-part-1-heapdump-analyzer/

http://dioncho.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/playing-with-ora-4030-error/

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller
http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)
http://dioncho.blogspot.com (japanese)
http://ask.ex-em.com (q&a)