Re: How to clear UNDOTBS- Slightly OT

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:24:23 -0800 (PST)

I actually think this has been one of the more useful threads I've seen in a while. I think that management related information on UNDO tablespaces is woefully inadequate, with a message that smacks of "leave me alone kind, you bother me" to the DBA. TEMP tablespaces is not far behind. I have really appreciated some of the insights in this thread.

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it! Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Other various titles
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com Check out my new blog series on installing Oracle Database 11gR2 on Windows using VMWare!

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com> To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tue, January 19, 2010 8:20:05 AM
Subject: Re: How to clear UNDOTBS- Slightly OT

Hey Kerry,

I'll have to give that a shot here.

Ain't this list great?! :)

Thanks for the improvements!!!
Rich

> Hi Rich,
>
> That's a pretty useful idea and script. I think the sql_id of v
> $sort_usage view reports the prev_sql_id and not the current sql_id
> though (at least it appears so in 10.2.0.4 and 11.2.0.1 in the quick
> test I did). Maybe that was intentional. Anyway, the following select
> gives me the sql statement causing the temp usage while it is happening.
>
> SELECT sysdate "TIME_STAMP", vsu.username, vs.sql_id,

[snippage]