RE: oracle EE pricing

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:45:02 -0500

For the past 9 years I've worked in an organization that has an unlimited EE license so I've never had to worry about any licensing issues. However, I did just recently spec out another project and I didn't think the license cost was unreasonable. This was for a Std 1 license and we were going to start out with one socket (max 2 sockets with Std 1) and we were looking < 5k for one time and > 1k for annual support. That didn't seem too bad to me. It jumped up 4x moving to Standard Edition but it comes with RAC.