Re: 11Gr2 SCAN Listener

From: Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 23:10:43 +0100

Andrew,
what do you have in your local_listener as specified in the instances spfile? does your client system (where you're trying to connect) have the hostname specified in the listener in it's hosts file (or can ping it, by name)?
In general, the client must be able to ping the each node's vip, by name for scan to work, in fact, scan reroutes the connection to one of the vips, so they must be reachable from the clients.

rgds