Re: oracle EE pricing

From: Nigel Thomas <>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:40:03 +0000

Mark wrote:
*I have clients who have operated for years without a support agreement (and
without patching). But I would not voluntarily choose this myself, though.

You replied:
*I am curious, would this still be acceptable to Oracle? I have always
assumed that you are only allowed to play with it, for testing and learning. The moment you attach a business around it, you have to part with money, even if you do not need patching and support.

I think Mark means they HAVE paid a perpetual license fee but they DONT pay annual support (ie they are entitled to use the s/w but not to use MOS, get patches, etc etc). In many ways they are in the same position as an Oracle XE user (who gets a free perpetual license, but no support).

Regards Nigel