11Gr2 SCAN Listener

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:36:32 -0600

Well, after much work I finally figured out how to install 11GR2 clustered with a SCAN listener. I had the pleasure of figuring out how to set up my own DNS on the way, which was interesting. Anyway, I managed to successfull RAC install in VMware using openfiler for the shared storage, and another vm for the DNS. However, when I try to attach to the database with the 10g client, I can only connect using the Virtual or Public IP's. The scan IP's dont work (I didnt even try to us the SCAN name, in my case oel64n-scan). Shouldnt I be able to connect to the SCAN IP's. or am I missing something basic here?
--
Andrew W. Kerber