RE: oracle EE pricing

From: William Muriithi <>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:20:00 -0600

I have clients who have operated for years without a support agreement (and without patching). But I would not voluntarily choose this myself, though.

I am curious, would this still be acceptable to Oracle? I have always assumed that you are only allowed to play with it, for testing and learning. The moment you attach a business around it, you have to part with money, even if you do not need patching and support.

Please do not infer that I am putting you in a tight corner. I have thought twice before sending this, but concluded you would be okay since you are the one who brought it up in the first place.