Re: Export Import Large Database - 9i

From: Kurt Van Meerbeeck <kurtvm_at_pandora.be>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:00:36 +0000

Hi Wannabe,

I see Tim provided you with an exp/imp script - we took it a step further and created pepi (parallel export/parallel import) : http://pepi.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pepi/

We used it in the late 90's when migrating large data warehouses running on 8.0 and 8i. I've also tested it on 9i. It kind of works in the same way as datapump, in the sense that it has a control table, adjustable parallel degree, can be paused and resumed, works based on table size. If you want to manipulate storage parameters when precreating the tables in the target database you could also use pretoria for parsing/generating  the exp dump ddl :
http://pretoria.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pretoria/

These are old projects but might still be useful.

cheers,
Kurt

Oracle Dba Wannabe wrote:Hi,
Was wondering if anyone could share their experience of havingto export import VLDB's in a 9i environment. For certains reason thedatabase that I need to migrate cannot be upgraded - which would openup a lot more options. I'm hoping people out there could help withtheir personal experiences, if any, with respect to what they foundhelped the best during this process. I'd appreciate any input, thanks Thanks