Re: Export Import Large Database - 9i

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:00:53 +1100

Oracle Dba Wannabe wrote,on my timestamp of 16/01/2010 7:40 PM:
> Hi,
> Was wondering if anyone could share their experience of having to export
> import VLDB's in a 9i environment. For certains reason the database that
> I need to migrate cannot be upgraded - which would open up a lot more
> options. I'm hoping people out there could help with their personal
> experiences, if any, with respect to what they found helped the best
> during this process. I'd appreciate any input, thanks
> Thanks

Why do you need to export/import?
Whatever it is, are transportable tablespaces an option? I've found these are a lot better to transfer tablespaces across systems than any other method: you basically save the metadata using export/import and then copy the files across using whatever the OS provides for that purpose.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto