Re: db_recovery_dest pointing to 100Tb file system

From: hrishy <>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:49:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Howard

Thank you very much i appreciate the quick response.

From: Howard Latham <> Subject: Re: db_recovery_dest pointing to 100Tb file system To:
Date: Friday, 15 January, 2010, 14:47

Shortest Reply ever! 1 is best because you know always know where it is going and no config changes will be required. - The only only downside is if the recovery area goes off  line. If you only have 1 then you have a singe point of failure - bit of a no no.But I if you have space on your server for a temporary area in case of failure then I would still go for 1 Very big recovery area.

2010/1/15 Howard Latham <>

2010/1/15 hrishy <>

I have a 25TB database for which i need to configure a recoery area. is it advisable to configure a single filesystem of 100Tb as recovery area or configure 5-8 filesystems adding to 100Tb .

Howard A. Latham

Howard A. Latham