RE: DataGuard Failover and Thin Clients

From: Thomas A. La Porte <Thomas.LaPorte_at_dreamworks.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:34:29 -0800 (PST)

Quoting from the documentation posted below:
      For example, if you want to connect to the database on host
      myhost as user scott with password tiger that has a TNSNAMES
      entry of MyHostString, then write the following:

      OracleDataSource ods = new OracleDataSource();
      ods.setTNSEntryName("MyTNSAlias");
      ods.setUser("scott");
      ods.setPassword("tiger");
      ods.setDriverType("oci");
      Connection conn = ods.getConnection();

      The oracle.net.tns_admin system property must be set to the
      location of the tnsnames.ora file so that the JDBC Thin driver
      can locate the tnsnames.ora file. For example:

      System.setProperty("oracle.net.tns_admin", "c:\\Temp");
      String url = "jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_tns_entry";