Re: datguard issue

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:33:46 -0600

As far as I know, you aren't going to be able to do this. You are running an unmanaged standby (shipping the logs yourself). You might be able to pull this off by running SQL on the standby to register each archived logfile , and then managed recovery will pull it in, but Managed Recovery is intended to be used with automatic log shipping. Part of that process is to register the logfile with the standby. I can't think of a way MRP is going to know to recover the next logfile.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,

        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your