RE: datguard issue

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:59:33 -0500

Kar,

    On the primary did you set the log_archive_dest_n parameters and leave log_archive_dest blank? Also can the primary tnsping to the standby?

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of K R Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:42 PM To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: datguard issue

Hi,

Oracle 9i database running on hp-ux .. I am trying to create a standby database .

did all the standby setup . but I have not done any standby changes for primary database.

However when i mount the standby database and do a recover standby database then it is finding the archive log files on the standby server .

However when i try to do the managed standby database it do not find the archivelog file .

What am I missing ? appreciate any pointers

thanks in advance
Kar