Supporting MDX queries in 10gR2

From: Sandra Becker <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:10:32 -0700

Platform: IBM zSeries
Oracle: EE 10gR2

Management is trying to determine whether the new database supporting a new product we're coding should be SQL Server or Oracle. At this point, the deciding factors are cost and supporting MDX queries. I must have the wrong keywords in my searches because I'm not finding anything that specifically allows MDX queries against an Oracle 10gR2 database. Oracle has not yet given a release date for 11g on the IBM zSeries so going to 11g isn't even an option. I've sent off a query to my Oracle account manager, but no response yet. Is there a product that allows for support of MDX queries in the 10g database?

Transzap, Inc.