Re: Database comparisons

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:00:36 -0600

Gee, you guys really don't understand the auditor's role at all :-)

A wise man once stated that an auditor doesn't enter the field of battle, but shows up afterward to bayonet the survivors.

The auditor doesn't want to personally receive reports. The auditor wants us to prove that we are checking all possibilities.

Eliminating many tables as not changing is a good start, but then if an unexpected table changes, that will merit further investigation. By me, not the auditor :-)

Thanks again for all the great ideas.