Re: Database comparisons

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:31:17 -0800

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Dennis Williams <> wrote:

> The point is that there are 200 tables, so how do you verify that somehow
> the new features didn't make a change to another table that you assumed
> wasn't touched by the tests.

Another method is to take a baseline of the state of database objects before any
changes are made, and then take a snapshot of the state of the objects after the modifications are applied, and run a report on the differences.

I use a Perl app that I run on some databases for just that purpose.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: Home Page: