Re: Monitoring server

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 12:15:48 +0000

Hi Ram,

the company I am currently working for have thought about implementing Grid Control as well, with the additional requirement to monitor databases across continents (mainly UK and USA right now).

The setup we came up with would have been similar to this, per continent. As a side note, DBConsole is in use for many databases right now and every developer deems having access to the performance page (yes there are licenses :) is as essential as the availability of the database itself which opens a Pandora's box....

2 node RAC cluster for the repository database (11.1.0.7 projected, but might as well be 11.2 as soon as it's certified)

2 OMS installations on 2 nodes with a hardware load balancer. This has the advantage that only 1 URL needs to be bookmarked by users.

We are also considering an identical setup in a remote data centre using a physical standby for the repository but that will most likely not be implemented due to budget restrictions.

Hope this helps,

Martin

--
Martin Bach