RE: Replacement of US7ASCII character set in 11g?

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:03:50 -0500

Janine,

        I'm a little surprised that your client didn't make the move to WE8ISO8859P1 some years ago as US7ASCII kinda became unacceptable in a global world. I moved several databases back then to WE8 and there were no problems at all. Those have since moved onto the Unicode character sets without difficulty either. CSSCAN is a good utility, but in general you will be just fine.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International