Re: Recreate standby controlfile for DB that uses OMF and ASM

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 22:17:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi Yong,

After you restore the standby controlfile you need to catalog all datafiles and then do a switch to copy  so that Oracle automatically switches all file names....

Hope that helps...

There is a note written by Larry Carpenter on Metalink which details this... Let me know if you want me to dig it out for you...

Ta

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
http://el-caro.blogspot.com/