RE: [HUMOUR] What kind of DBA are you?

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 08:34:09 -0500

I would call that individual HUMAN.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International

From: Pratap Singh -X (prsingh1 - Abacus at Cisco)
[mailto:prsingh1_at_cisco.com]

Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 5:58 PM
To: Goulet, Richard; oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: [HUMOUR] What kind of DBA are you?

What will you call a DBA who has

  • Applied patch after 4 weeks of testing
  • Applied patch within 4 hours of getting the patch
  • Not applied the patch because have better things to do

Personally I was Scientist DBA became Gung Ho DBA and than Empathetic DBA. Life goes on.

PB Singh

PB Singh
Tech Project Manager
Ph (: 408 424 2777
Email: prsingh1_at_cisco.com

P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.