Web application passing client info

From: Rusnak, Al A CTR (USA) DeCA HQ CI <"Rusnak,>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:00:57 -0500

Good morning,

We run applications that have users logging in from all over the world. My question is:
 What code (procedure calls, function calls) do we need to add to our applications that will pass the client information (name, etc.) to the database when the application makes a connection to the database. All connections come in as UPDATE_USER or SELECT_USER and have been granted appropriate permissions on the schema owner objects.

We are currently using Oracle 10.2.0.4

Documentation, examples.......

I have not been able to find what I need to pass on . I hope I have provided enough information.

Thank you and have a GOOD NEW YEAR !!!

Al Rusnak
Database Administrator
Fort Lee, Virginia