Re: Re: Querying MS Sql from Oracle

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 11:09:10 +0000

I don't see why you'd be slammed for that, it's a perfectly sensible approach. I'm interested that you recommend the MS OLEDB provider though rather than a current Oracle one. The former doesn't support all Oracle datatypes particularly well (or in some cases at all). It would of course require a client install on the sql server which may be beyond acceptability :(

Niall