ASSM and Indexes

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 23:18:59 +0800

I am attempting to understand and explain ASSM being used for a Tablespace that is dedicated for Indexes.

I can understand ASSM and it being an alternative to FreeLists and PCTUSED for *Tables*.
But how is it relevant to Indexes ? How does it apply to Indexes ?

Has anyone written a note or come across a note on this ?

I have seen a number of bugs relating to performance and other issues
-- some with Indexes in ASSM.

But not an explanation of how and why ASSM would be relevant (or wrong !) for Indexes (other than the Bugs where the workaround was to move the index to MSSM).

Hemant K Chitale

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jan 02 2010 - 09:18:59 CST