Re: [HUMOUR] What kind of DBA are you?

From: Kellyn Pedersen <>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 11:35:55 -0800 (PST)

Since I seem to be a strange mix of all three of the DBA types in this post, (although I'm surprised to find myself to be more of the Scientist DBA than I would have first expected...) I'm wondering what the Pathetic DBA's traits consisted of.

Did the pathetic DBA have an indention worn into the G and H keys on their keyboard from banging their head against it so often?  Do they type in a command and say to themselves, "What the heck did you do that for?!?!" repeatedly?  Were the Pathetic DBA's "stupid DBA tricks list" in the thousands as they tried new things?

I could easily be that, too! :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

From: Niall Litchfield <> Subject: Re: [HUMOUR] What kind of DBA are you? To:
Date: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 2:45 AM

My word that takes me back. - to 2003 in fact - I'm glad Don lost the "Pathetic DBA" part he had in there once.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM, David Pintor <> wrote:

Really funny...

All the best for 2010.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA