RE: Native compiled code *much* slower??

From: Andre van Winssen <>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:32:01 +0100

Hi Steve,

I ran it against 11.2 multiple times and cannot reproduce the behavior you describe. I see following consistent results:

plsql_code_type = interpreted => 3.21 secs

plsql_code_type = native => 2.9 secs

(nr of iterations set to 10000)

To be able to test this I had to add a missing table db_error_stack_context which is referenced type declarations in msc$log_p (e.g. SUBTYPE stSource IS db_error_stack_context.context_at%TYPE):

create table db_error_stack_context

 (context_at varchar2(1024)

,context_value varchar2(1024)

,context_name varchar2(1024)