Re: Document 465968.1

From: Kurt <kurtengelo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:06:33 -0800

Hi Rich,

Take this information with the grain of salt that any recommendation on a public mailing list should be taken with.

When I look on support.oracle.com, I see the name of the .sql scripts is missing for those steps.

When I look at support.us.oracle.com (an internal Oracle site), I see for step 11, substep 4:

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
  _at_wdbigra.sql portal
For step 11, substep 7, I see:

cd $OH/rdbms/admin
sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
  _at_utlrp

As others already have surmised.

I hope this helps.
Kurt

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>wrote:

> Hmmm... I agree, there's something missing on those steps. My guess
> is that for 11.7, what's missing is a reference to the utlrp.sql
> script. As to 11.4, I have no idea.
>
> As to your SR, it sounds like the analyst assigned to it isn't the
> brightest one out there. :-)
>
> If I were you, I'd ask him how running:
> sqlplus / as sysdba
> Will "....add the missing privilege...."
>
> Good luck,
>
> -Mark
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 24, 2009, at 12:31, "Rich Tylka" <rtylka_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can someone please confirm to me whether I'm going crazy or not by
> > looking at document 465968.1, step 11, substeps 4 and 7, and see if
> > it looks like Oracle left out exactly what sql script to run in
> > those steps? I opened an SR about it but they're saying the
> > document is fine. I looked at it in IE and Firefox with the same
> > results.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Rich

The opinions expressed in this email are my own, and not my company's.