Re: Native compiled code *much* slower??

From: Dion Cho <ukja.dion_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 17:20:32 +0900

Hi, Steve.

Seems that you have a bit abnormal performance problem.

Sorry, I don't have an answer, but why don't you get back to the basics of the performance troubeshooting?

For example...

  1. PL/SQL profiling - dbms_profiler
  2. Oracle callstack trace analysis - errorstack dump and/or short_track
  3. OS system call analysis - strace/truss/....
  4. Even 10046 trace would help(sometimes) in case you have queries in the PL/SQL block.
  5. Misc.

Cheers.

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller
http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)
http://dioncho.blogspot.com (japanese)
http://ask.ex-em.com (q&a)