physical standby WAIT_FOR_GAP

From: Li Li <litanli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:26:23 -0600

Greetings List,

We have a physical standby running on a 4-node RAC. last night the apply instance (instance 1) had ora-04031 error and data guard broker changed the apply instance to be instance 2. Now apply instance (instance 2) shows "WAIT_FOR_GAP" for a log sequence 5xxx, which is a very old log, and has been applied a long time ago. Has any one seen this before? How do I trick the apply instance to skip the logs that have been applied already and start applying the logs that haven't been received but haven't applied.

Oracle version 10.2.0.3 on RHEL AS 4.7

Thanks and hope you all a merry christmas and happy new year! -Li